Walk it, jog it or run it
The Thames Path Challenge stretches 100km from Putney Bridge to Henley alongside Britain’s greatest river – most of the 4,000 challengers will walk at their own pace, many will jog parts, and some will run the whole course – and all will have a special reason to push themselves. You can join as an individual or as a team, there’s half & quarter distance options, and however you take it your challenge will be a test of stamina & determination, with full support all the way, and rewarded with an amazing sense of achievement.
Or join the Challenge’s sister event instead – the ‘Thames Bridges Trek’ – also starting out from Putney Bridge with a 23km walk through central London zig-zagging over 16 historic bridges with the best City views and finishing beyond Tower Bridge for a celebration finish.
With some training and determination anyone can conquer The Thames Path. So why not get in shape – and join a real challenge in 2017 for Animal Free Research UK.
- Full Challenge (100km)
- Half & quarter Challenge Options
- 2 Day Option – 1/2 Sat & 1/2 Sun
What you get
- Great fundraising advice and support to help you reach your target
- An Animal Free Research UK t-shirt or technical vest
- Covered Rest Stops
- FREE meals + snacks & drinks
- Fully signed route + maps
- Pace walkers, medics, massage
- Medal, T shirt, glass of bubbly!
Sign up and commit to raising a minimum sponsorship target
- £70 Registration Fee
- £395 Minimum Sponsorship Target
- £50 Registration Fee
- £275 Minimum Sponsorship Target
Quarter Challenge & Thames Bridges Trek
- £40 Registration Fee (£30 for Thames Bridges)
- £150 Minimum Sponsorship Target
In the UK in 2015, 4.1 million research procedures took place on animals. With your support, we can fund work that proves animals do not need to be harmed in the name of medical research, and get animals out of the lab. Push yourself in 2017 and take on the Thames Path Challenge for Animal Free Research UK.Page last modified on May 4, 2017 12:00 am