Download application documentation
To help you prepare your application, you will need at least the following information
- Research project statement (including background, objectives, how the student will be supervised and a consumables breakdown);
- A non-technical summary of the project that a lay person can understand;
- Examples of the number and species of animals the project has the potential to save.
- Examples of the types of animal experiments conducted that relate to the work that this project could replace if successful (include references).
- A statement on the impact of the project on biomedical research, humans, and animals in research.
You must specify a particular student at the time of application. The student will need to provide the following information to the applicant during the application process:
- Personal contact details for the student;
- Student degree details (including expected classification);
- Personal statement from the student that includes their education history, why they want to undertake a summer research project with Animal Free Research UK, their future plans/career aspirations and how this particular project will help.
This information can be collated separately prior to applying and then the information inserted into the application form in the relevant sections.
Apply through our online application portal now
We only accept applications through our online application portal. You will need to register for an account, which will allow you to return to and edit your application at any stage before submission.
APPLICATIONS CLOSED: You must submit your complete application before the deadline at 5pm on Friday 16 April 2021. The online portal will not accept applications after this time, even if they have been partially completed before the deadline.
Page last modified on April 19, 2021 9:14 am