The document below provides an overview of the range of commercially available serum-free media for cell culture and has been compiled by Animal Free Research UK (formerly the Dr Hadwen Trust – DHT).
The information in this document has been compiled from publicly available details provided by companies or suppliers listing or selling cell culture media. The document is not intended to be comprehensive, and although every effort has been made to ensure the details contained are correct and up-to-date, Animal Free Reseaerch UK (AFR UK) cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies. For full up-to-date information on any product in this table, it is recommended that you contact the manufacturer or supplier directly.
PLEASE NOTE: AFR UK does not endorse or support the use of any of the animal derived cells or cell lines described within this document. Furthermore, AFR UK does not endorse any of the products, companies or suppliers listed within this document. The purpose of this document is to raise awareness of the wide range of serum-free media that are now commerically available for cell culture purposes.
Information correct at time of collation – August 2014 (Last update April 2016)
AFR UK would like to thank the The Danish Society for the Protection of Laboratory Animals (Forsøgsdyrenes Værn) for their list of Companies that sell/produce Serum Free Media.
How to use the document:
- Click on the link below (Serum-free media spreadsheet) to download a copy of the spreadsheet.
- In order to be able to filter or search through the document you must ‘enable editing’ of the document by clicking the button in the yellow information bar
- Read the Overview and then select the FCS_Free_2016 Tab. The default view is to show all the available media for every cell type.
- To filter/search for a particular cell type or media use the filter buttons that are available in Row 2 (Next to the Headings).
- To search within the text for a specific word or phrase, please use the “Text Filters” option, followed by “Contains”.