Thank you for considering leaving Animal Free Research UK a gift in your will.
Leaving a gift to Animal Free Research UK will help us continue to fund cutting-edge, animal free medical research.
One day, we hope that animal use in medical research will become a thing of the past. Until then, we desperately need your help.
Animal Free Research UK receives no government funding. We are able to fund our work because people like you care about others, and care about animals. If you would like to continue to support Animal Free Research UK after you have gone and make a positive impact on advancing animal free medical research, then please consider leaving us gift in your will.
Gifts in wills are vitally important to us. Legacy gifts make up a significant portion of our income – we wouldn’t be able to do as much work replacing animals in medical research without these thoughtful gifts. A gift in your will – however large or small – will truly make a difference to us. A legacy gift is also a wonderful way to celebrate your life, keep your memory alive and continue to help those causes that are important to you even after death.
How do I leave a gift in my will?
Legacy gifts take three forms. You can either leave a fixed sum (such as £1 or above), or part or all of your estate once other gifts have been distributed to your friends and family. Legacies can also be in the form of gifted items such as property, jewellery, stocks or shares.
Although we do recommend that you seek professional, independent advice once you have decided that you would like to make a will, leaving a legacy gift itself needn’t be complicated. Here is some information that may help.
- State in your will that you would like to leave a gift to Animal Free Research UK. It is a good idea to use a solicitor or professional will-writer to make sure your will is legal and valid. That way you will know that your wishes will be carried out correctly.
- Include our full name and charity number to make sure your gift goes to the right charity: Animal Free Research UK, Registered Charity Number in England and Wales 1146896 and Scotland SC045327. If you have already written your will and left a gift to us as Dr Hadwen Trust, you don’t need to do anything. We shall still receive it.
- If you would like your gift to go towards research into a specific disease, condition or project it may be a good idea to discuss this with us first, just to make sure that we will be able to honour your wishes correctly.
- If you have already made a will, and left us a gift, we’re very grateful and would love it if you could let us know. We won’t ask the details of your gift, we’d just like to be able to thank you and let you know what your kindness will help achieve.
- If you already have a will, and would like to make any change to it, you can do so by using a codicil form. Alternatively you can draft a ‘Letter of wishes’, but please make sure your Executors are made aware of it. Remember, you can change your will at any time.
Animal Free Research UK is a registered charity, so leaving a legacy to us is completely tax free. Every penny of your gift will go to replacing the use of animals in research and help make a significant contribution to medical progress. Our past and present funding has supported non-animal research into conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, asthma, arthritis and breast cancer.
This must be one of the greatest gifts any of us can give to our children and grandchildren – creating a world where all life is precious.
Gifts in wills are vitally important to Animal Free Research UK. Whether your gift is large or small, leaving something to us will be a great legacy and will help us to make a difference.
For more information about leaving a legacy, please fill in your details below to download a copy of our legacy guide or request a copy to be sent to you through the post. If you are a pensioner, we may also be able to help you with the costs of writing a will. If you would like to discuss this further or have any queries relating to leaving a legacy, please contact us on 020 8054 9700.