Have you got some time to spare? Would you like to feel a real sense of achievement, learn new skills and further the work of Animal Free Research UK? If you do, we would like to hear from you whether you are old, young, male or female!
Volunteering is a very special way of helping us and can be extremely rewarding. Volunteering for us will allow you to gain new skills and experiences, be part of a team, meet inspiring people and help in our pro-active work to save lives, both human and animal. You will make a difference.
We welcome those with a variety of skills, experience or backgrounds and any amount of time you can give will be greatly appreciated, even if it is only a couple of hours a week.
As a valued volunteer you may help with:
- Customer service: using the till; accepting donations; making customers (and their dogs!) feel welcome
- Displays: helping with window and other internal displays; keeping the shop tidy
- Stock room: sorting the donations we receive; steaming clothes; pricing and tagging items
- Give you a comprehensive induction and relevant training for the role
- Support you in your role as a volunteer
- Appreciate any time you can spare to volunteer with us
- Offer reasonable travel expenses
- Provide you with tea, coffee and biscuits!
If you would like to volunteer in our Hitchin shop, pop along to 16 Churchyard, Hitchin, SG5 1HR and ask for a form or register here.
If you would like to volunteer in our Hove shop, pop along to 69 George Street, Hove, BN3 3YD and ask for a form or register here.